Dr Strive has a research background in molecular biology,virology, and biological control of vertebrate pests. She is currently researching different caliciviruses in Australian wild rabbits, and their interactions with Rabbit Haemorrhagic Disease Virus (RHDV) with potential implications for rabbit biocontrol.
She is currently researching;
• interactions of different co-occurring rabbit pathogens in the field and the implications for rabbit control
• Identifying the molecular virulence mechanisms of rabbit caliciviruses
• The evolution of rabbit viruses as a model system for emerging diseases
• The selection of suitable virus strains for successive and ongoing field releases
• Development of specific diagnostic tools for different rabbit caliciviruses
Abstracts this author is presenting: